US Minimum Wage Exemptions under the Fair Labor Standards Act
What are the US Minimum Wage Exemptions under the Fair Labor Standards Act? Read more at US Paywizard.org.
- Agricultural employees who are:
- employed on a small farm - less than 500 'man days' work in any calender quarter. Definition 'man day': any day during which an employee performs agricultural work for at least an hour;
- immediate family members of their employer;
- principally engaged on the range in the production of livestock;
- local hand harvest laborers who: - commute daily from their permanent residence, are paid on a piece rate basis in traditionally piece-rated occupations, and were engaged in agriculture less than thirteen weeks during the preceding calendar year;
- non-local minors, 16 years of age or under, who are hand harvesters, paid on a piece rate basis in traditionally piece-rated occupations, employed on the same farm as their parent, and paid the same piece rate as those over 16.
- Babysitters on a casual basis.
- Companions for the elderly.
- Disabled workers.
- Employees of certain Seasonal and Recreational establishments, if:
- the employer is an amusement or recreational establishment - for example he concessionaires at amusement parks and beaches - if it:
- does not operate for more than seven months in any calendar year, or during the preceding calendar year, its
- average receipts for any 6 months of the year are not more than 33 1/3 percentum of its average receipts for the other 6 months of such year
- NOTE: central functions of an organization operating more than one such establishments - as in the case of employees of a central office, warehouse, garage - or commissary which serves a chain of exempt "amusement or recreational" establishments are not within the exemption.
- Executive, administrative, professional and outside sales employees (as defined in Department of Labor regulations), who are paid on a salary basis.
- Federal criminal investigators.
- Homeworkers making wreaths.
- Newspaper delivery.
- Newspaper employees of limited circulation newspapers.
- Seamen on other than American vessels .
- Switchboard operators
Cite this page © WageIndicator 2017 - Paywizard.org - US Minimum Wage Exemptions under the Fair Labor Standards Act