Telecommunications engineering technicians
US - Telecommunications engineering technicians perform technical tasks connected with telecommunications engineering research, as well as with the design, manufacture, assembly, construction, operation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems.
Check your Salary
- (a) providing technical assistance connected with research and the development of telecommunications equipment, or testing prototypes
- (b) studying technical material such as blue prints and sketches to determine the method of work to be adopted
- (c) preparing detailed estimates of costs of materials and labour required for the manufacture and installation of telecommunications equipment, according to the specifications given
- (d) providing technical supervision of the manufacture, utilization, maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems to ensure satisfactory performance and compliance with specifications and regulations
- (e) applying technical knowledge of telecommunications engineering principles and practices in order to identify and solve problems arising in the course of their work