US - Cooks plan, organize, prepare and cook meals in hotels, restaurants and other eating places, on board ships, on passenger trains and in private households.
Check your Salary
- (a) planning meals, preparing and cooking foodstuffs
- (b) planning, supervising and coordinating the work of kitchen helpers
- (c) checking the quality of food
- (d) weighing, measuring and mixing ingredients according to recipes and personal judgement
- (e) regulating the temperature of ovens, grills, roasters and other cooking equipment, inspecting and cleaning the kitchen, kitchen equipment, serving areas, to ensure safe and sanitary food handling practices
- (f) operating large volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles